Healthy eating is in the air, well it is always rather popular therefore I have decided to whack this amazing recipe up. I feel this recipe would certainly be enjoyed by almost everyone. In fact since the first time I made it the family have enjoyed it every week without fail, the refreshing flavours, a hint of spice and beautiful texture of the halloumi is just splendid.
- 1x Pack of Halloumi
- 3 tbsp plain flour
- 2 tbsp. Za’atar
- 1 Avocado
- 1 tsp crushed chilli flakes
- Vegetable Oil for deep frying
- 1 lemon (zested and halfed)
- Good handful of tomatoes
- A few spring onions
- 2 wholemeal pittas
- Sea Salt
- Firstly in a bowl add your plain flour, Za’atar, lemon zest and cut your Halloumi into fingers
- Coat your Halloumi in the flour mixture
- Heat some vegetable oil in a pan
- While oil is heating prep your salsa and guacamole.
- In a dish add 1 avocado, 1 tsp crushed chilli flakes and juice of half a lemon and mix with a fork then add a pinch of salt
- On a chopping board cut up your tomatoes, spring onion and dice finely or alternative using a food processor. Once nice and fine add the other half of lemon juice and a pinch of salt.
- Add your Halloumi to your oil and fry until golden brown.
- While Halloumi is cooking toast your pittas.
- When Halloumi is brown drain on a piece of kitchen paper
- Start building your grub, on the pitta add your guacamole then your Halloumi and top with the salsa.
I hope you enjoy this fantastic recipe and if you did please make sure you tweet me a picture @jordlaidler and follow this blog!