I think there’s nothing better on a cold horrid day than to sit back and enjoy a lovely piping hot pie. This recipe is one of Nicky’s and is unbelievable if you like beef and tomato pot noodles I feel the sauce in the pie taste very similar. I hope you enjoy and as always if you do this recipe make sure you tag me in a picture on twitter @JordLaidler.
- Worchester Sauce (1 tsp)
- 400g Chopped Tomatoes
- 500g Minced Beef
- 1 Beef Stock Cube
- 2 Carrots (Diced)
- Good handful of frozen peas
- 1 Onion (Diced)
- 4 Potatoes (Mashed) – If you want a low carb version you can use Sweet Potato or Butternut Squash.
- Preheat oven to 180°
- Put mince in a pan to brown
- Whilst waiting for the mince to cook, peel and chop potatoes and carrots then put them in a pan to boil for about 20 mins.
- Add the diced onion to the browned mince.
- Crumble beef stock into your pan.
- Add 1tsp of Worchester sauce and also your tin of tomatoes
- Mix well and simmer until potatoes and carrots are done
- Add your cooked carrots to the pan and grab a handful of frozen peas whilst stirring
- Mash up your potato
- Add your mince to a dish then get your potato and smooth it over the top
- Using a fork drag it across the mash to help it crisp up
- Pop it in the oven for 25 minutes
Hope you enjoyed this great recipe from Nicky, if so make sure you follow the blog for much more and why not check out the YouTube channel www.youtube.com/vivalajord