During the summer holidays you will have your hands ful with the children being off school and can’t be bothered to spend hours in the kitchen making food from scratch. But let’s avoid shopping for ready made meals and lets get cooking and you could even involve your little ones.
I wanted to share this quick and easy super yummy tomato and basil pasta. It’s so simple to make yet full of great flavour.
- Fresh Basil 1 hand full
- 3 good size tomatoes
- 1 Onion
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- Half a chilli deseeded
- 3 tablespoons of tomato puree
- Start cooking your pasta
- While pasta is cooking add your onion and garlic into a pan and gently fry until the onion becomes opaque
- Now chop up your tomatoes, chilli and basil together till very fine and into a mush
- Add your mushy mess into the pan and mix with the onion and garlic
- Add your Tomato puree and mix together
- Once pasta is done, drain and add to your sauce
- Add a bit more freshly chopped basil into the pan
Hope you enjoyed this super simple yet yummy recipe.