First of the new Fakeaway blog and youtube series I’m doing. We all love a #CheekyTakeaway so I’ve decided to do a series for a healthier alternative to people’s most favourite takeaway meals. To start the series off since I am northern it has to a be a kebab and more importantly a kebab wrap.
- Lamb Mince – I get mine from Tesco but any lamb mince will do
- 1 White Onion – Diced
- 3 Garlic Cloves – Chopped finely
- 1/2 tsp Ground Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Ground Coriander
- Fresh Mint
- Fresh Coriander
- Fresh Lemon Thyme
- A wrap or pitta bread
- Salad of your choice
- Garlic Sauce (Optional)
- Oil I used Coconut
- Dice up your fresh herbs
- Put your onions, garlic, spices and fresh herbs into a bowl with your lamb mince
- Make small lamb Kebabs
- Put oil into a pan
- Fry your kebabs till they’re nicely coloured then turn over
- While they’re cooking make yourself some salad
- If you don’t want to use Garlic sauce why not make a fresh mint yogurt using Fresh mint, greek yogurt and a pinch of salt.
- Build up your wrap or pitta
Super simple yet super good Kebab Wrap. A more healthier alternative to what you get from your local takeaway. I hope you enjoyed the recipe, follow the blog for more and tweet pictures of your food to @JordLaidler on twitter.