Who loves a good #CheekyTakeaway? I know I do and that’s why when dieting I just hate
missing out on the little things like a fantastic Chinese chicken curry. So I wanted to share with you this fantastic slimming world friend Chinese Chicken Curry which is both simple to make and delicious to eat!
You Will Need;
- 1 Green Pepper
- 2 good size organic chicken breasts
- 1 good size white onion
- 3 heaped TBSP Plain flour
- 340ml Boiling water
- 1 Chicken stock cube
- Soy Sauce
- Salt & Pepper
- 1tbsp Chinese Five Spice
- 1tbsp Curry Powder (I used Medium Curry Powder)
- 1/4 tsp Medium Chilli Powder
- 1/4 tsp Tumeric
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- Good knob of butter
Method…. Put that phone down don’t be giving up and ordering one!
- Dice your chicken breasts, cut your pepper and onion to sizes of your choice
- Combine all the spices in a bowl to make a spice mix
- In a frying pan melt some coconut oil and colour your diced chicken breasts
- Once coloured add Salt, Pepper and a bit of soy sauce and mix in
- Add your Onion and Pepper to the chicken
For the sauce.
- In a second pan, add your knob of butter
- Boil the kettle and add your Chicken stock cube to your 340ml of water
- Once Butter is melted add your flour
- Then add 3/4 of your stock and same with your spice mix and stir in, then add the rest of your stock and spice mix
- Bring to a steady boil.
- Once at a steady bowl pour some into your chicken, onion and green pepper.
- Serve with Egg Fried Rice or anything of your choice…
See simple yet delicious beats a takeaway curry and you get that feeling of making a great dish on your own.